Are you thinking of getting a free logo design? Can’t blame you.
When starting your own company, you are so tight on budget and keeping it afloat is your main concern that you wouldn’t even think about spending on a logo, because why should you? You can take the money and spend it on your phone bill, part of the electricity bill, gas money, actually doing work to reach customers, and they’re all valid reasons.
You can take the money and spend it on your phone bill, part of the electricity bill, gas money, actually doing work to reach customers, and they’re all valid reasons.
But if we stepped back for a minute and thought about well-known brands, with each brand, even the local ones, you have a perceived perception of the service, the atmosphere, the adverts, and the product.
The same goes for your company as well. You need a logo that resembles your brand, reflects who you are and your brand promise as an entity. You need your logo to give away a good feeling when customers think of you.
A well-made logo for your company has many benefits:
1. It makes you recognizable.
2. It gives the impression that you’re an established company, which as a result increases trust between you and possible clients.
3. If you have a story behind your name, the logo makes it more visual.
4. It differentiates you from your competition.
How do companies go about designing your logo?
I hope by this point you are convinced that companies should get their logos professionally done.
The process of designing a logo is more than scribbling a quick something on a computer and that’s it. It’s a thorough process of understanding your business, competition, and trends in the market and it goes like this:
- Interview: The Sales Team/Clients Relations meet with the client to learn more about his/her company. What does the company do? Who is the target customer? What is the pricing? Possible competitors? Company’s core beliefs? Where do they hope to reach in the future?
- Brief: The reason we (as creative agencies) ask so many questions is because we’re getting to know the company better to be able to create the right brand image for it. If the company you’ve hired didn’t ask you enough questions, they’re not the right company for you.
- Research: This takes quite a bit of time, based on the information that was given to us by the client. We research trends in the design to make sure it’s modern, we research symbols, colors and take a look at the competition to position the brand in a more distinguished manner.
- Concept Drafting: This is the part we love, creating! We sketch different concepts, merge different elements into one, add different colors, make sure it looks great on white backgrounds and black backgrounds. and then we present it to you.
- Revision: Sometimes, this step is included to make sure that both you (the client) and us (the creative agency) are on the same page, and that as designers we have delivered what we promised you and agreed on based on the initial brief we received from you.
VIITech has created logos for multiple companies. If you have any questions or requests, let us know!